4 October 2012
In DC, I took classes at the DC Improv. In my second class, I met a woman called Bri Lux. She made (and continues to make) the point that her name sounds like the cheese, but IS NOT spelled like the cheese. She clearly has issues.
Nevertheless, we became friends during our time at the Improv and soon realised we were neighbors across the river in Virginia.
On a day like today, I am already missing her company. Fall is in the air. I shivered as I drove to work with the window barely cracked and Kimbra’s Vows pumping through the car’s inadequate speakers. On a day like today, we would text one another and meet up at Fireworks, a pizza joint in Arlington, VA with a dessert consisting of STILL-COOKING, but SLIGHTLY-UNCOOKED cookie dough. We would sit outside and drink beers and eat vegetarian pizzas and discuss work and jokes and relationships.
Then, she does something that makes me miss her even more.
I miss her. I am proud of her. You should follow her on Twitter – @brinotbrie (See, I told you she had issues.)
20 March 2012
I guess you don’t have to go home if you don’t want to do so. It may make this easier though. I’m not saying you can’t stay at the public library, or university computer lab, or in your friend’s apartment. (Playing on the internet while she or he is in the bathroom? Be careful what you may find on there comrade.)
What you should do, however, is use the internet at your fingertips to vote for a fun and funny video starring some persons I just happen to know.
Here’s what you do.
- Direct the web browser of your choice (I use Microsoft BugRiddled 2.3b) to the 48 Go Green Festival.
- Click on the “Become A Member” button. Don’t worry—not only is it free and rather easy, but also it doesn’t turn you into an actual member, like an arm, leg or penis or nothing.
- Once you’ve become a member, gloat for a moment in front of the mirror. If you don’t have a mirror, wait for the sun to go down and then gloat you creepy blood-sucking fiend. Also, return to the 48 Go Green Festival homepage.
- On the homepage, click “Login” at the top of the page.
- Enter your username and password when prompted. Promptly. Prompt and circumstance. Sorry. I got carried away. Ahem.
- Once you are logged in, follow the direct link to the film, “Wasteful.”
- Watch the film.
- Vote for the film.
- Watch for the woman who breaks up with an electric mixer. She is a funny person.
- Feel good about yourself.
- To make your vote count, you then have to vote for two additional films. Just go to the 2012 entries page and click on a thumbnail in the middle of the page to select an additional film. Find two more for which to vote.
- Ok. You’re done. Go drink an energy drink and a eat a tofu popsicle. You earned it.
Oh, unless you haven’t told your friends to vote for the film. You have told them, haven’t you?
I thought so.
Thank you. –The Mgmt. (and Tamara)